Another Code: Two Memories (アナザーコード ２つの記憶 Anazā Kōdo Futatsu no Kioku), released as Trace Memory in North America, is an adventure game developed by Cing and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo DS. It was relased in 2005 and is the first game of the Another Code series. The game centers on the 13-year-old Ashley Mizuki Robbins, who travels to Blood Edward Island and is in search for her father Richard Robbins and the truth behind the death of her mother Sayoko Robbins. The player takes control of Ashley and has to solve many puzzles that make use of the Nintendo DS hardware.
A sequel titled Another Code: R - A Journey into Lost Memories was released in 2009 for the Wii.
- Ashley Mizuki Robbins – The protagonist. A 13-year-old girl born in 1991 whose mother was murdered when she was three years old. Ashley travels to Blood Edward Island in order to meet her father whom she believed to be dead.
- Jessica Robbins – The sister of Ashley's father. She raised Ashley when her father left his daugther and attends her niece on the trip to the island.
- Richard Robbins – Ashley's father who invites her to Blood Edward Island in 2005. He is a scientist who worked with his wife and Bill Edward on the Another project. He gave Ashley to his sister so that he could continue the work on the Another.
- Captain – He steers the boat that takes Ashley and Jessica to Blood Edward Island.
- D – The ghost of a boy fully known as Daniel Edward who died in 1948. D is in search for his memories. He befriends Ashley and accompanies her on the adventure. Through the course of the game, more and more details of his past are revealed.
- Bill Edward – A descendant of the Edward family and scientist who worked with Ashley's parents. He is the murderer of her mother and let Richard continue the work on the Another project for his own deeds.
The player doesn't encounter the following characters in the game. They are only seen in flashbacks or on pictures. Most of them are members of the Edward family.
- Sayoko Robbins – The late mother of Ashley. A brilliant Japanese scientist who was heavily involved in the Another project. Bill Edward murdered her in 1994 after she left the project in favour of her family.
- Lawrence Edward – He was once the head of the Edward family. Lawrence had a son, Leonard, and took care of his two grandsons. When Lawrence was dying, only a small remnant of the Edward family's wealth was left.
- Leonard Edward – The son of Lawrence. He left his family's mansion and had two sons, Henry and Thomas, but died young. Leonard's father took care of the two boys afterwards.
- Henry Edward – A painter and Leonard's older son. He had a daughter named Franny. Henry commited suicide in 1948 after he shot his brother and after his nephew Daniel died in a series of tragic events.
- Franny Edward – Henry's daugther. She was close friends with her cousin Daniel Edward.
- Thomas Edward – A writer and Leonard's younger son. He had a son named Daniel. Thomas seeked to inherit the family's wealth and threatened his brother with a gun. However, Henry managed to shoot him.
- Daniel Edward – Thomas's son. When he saw how Henry shot his father, Daniel fled and fell down a precipice in a cave, causing him to die. Ashley meets the ghost of this boy, who introduces himself by the nickname of D.
- Wells – The butler of the Edward family.